As a business owner, I understand the importance of having an efficient and reliable tool to handle my online sales. With the plethora of shopping cart options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the best one for my business needs. In this review, I will discuss the pros, cons, pricing, and integrations of ThriveCart, as well as its suitability for selling digital or physical products and services, in order to give you a better understanding of whether this tool is the right choice for your business.
ThriveCart Review: All You Need To Know About Selling Digital, Physical, and Services
What is ThriveCart?
ThriveCart is an all-in-one platform that allows businesses to create high-converting cart pages, funnels, affiliate campaigns, courses, and more with ease. It has helped online businesses generate over $2.6 billion in sales by providing a simple yet powerful solution for selling digital and physical products, services, and subscriptions. With ThriveCart, businesses can boost their conversions and increase revenue by creating one-click upsell funnels, bump offers, trials, subscriptions, and more. Its integrations with major payment gateways and email marketing platforms make it easy to seamlessly connect with the tools businesses already use.
Who is the owner of ThriveCart?
ThriveCart was founded in 2016 by Josh Bartlett, who has extensive experience in the digital product industry. The company recently raised $35 million in funding from LTV SaaS Growth Fund, a private equity firm that invests in SaaS and software companies. With the new capital, ThriveCart plans to grow its platform and team, and tap into the creator economy market by adding new tools to its platform. Despite being relatively new to the market, ThriveCart processes over $1 billion in sales annually and is a popular choice for small to medium-sized e-commerce businesses.
Benefits of ThriveCart
ThriveCart offers a wide range of benefits for business owners looking to increase their revenue, boost their average order value, and streamline their sales processes. Here are some of the key benefits you can expect when using ThriveCart:
- Increase revenue with profit boosters: ThriveCart allows you to create additional revenue streams with built-in profit boosters like one-click upsells, trials, subscriptions, courses, and more.
- Boost average order value with bump offers: With ThriveCart, you can quickly and easily present high-converting bump offers to your customers during the checkout process, maximizing your revenue potential.
- Upsell with one-click funnels: ThriveCart makes it simple to create and deploy high-converting one-click upsell funnels to drive more sales for your business.
- Engage customers with embeddable carts: With ThriveCart, you can easily create modal or embeddable carts to add to any site in seconds. Turn your website visitors into paying customers, no matter where they are in the sales process.
- Seamlessly integrate with other tools: ThriveCart makes it easy to connect with the other software your business uses, including autoresponders, billing and tax calculation services, and more.
- Simplify sales tax calculation: ThriveCart offers simple sales tax functionality that calculates rates based on location and product type, and provides time-saving reports for use with other tax services.
- Automate sales processes with smart rules: ThriveCart allows you to set smart behaviour rules that automate follow-ups with visitors who abandon their cart, adjust affiliate commissions based on refund rates, and more.
- Customize offers for maximum flexibility: With ThriveCart, you have total flexibility to create any offer your business needs, including free trials, split payments, flexible subscriptions, discount offers, and “pay what you want” pricing.
- Reduce churn with automatic notifications: Set up notifications to let customers know when payments are due, when a card is due to expire, and more, reducing churn and improving customer retention.
Overall, ThriveCart offers a wealth of benefits for businesses looking to optimize their sales processes, increase revenue, and streamline their operations.
Features of ThriveCart
ThriveCart is an all-in-one platform that provides a variety of features to help online businesses increase their sales and profits. Here are some of the standout features of ThriveCart:
- Cart Page Customization: ThriveCart offers a fully customizable cart page where you can customize everything from the design, layout, and color scheme to the language used on the page. This level of customization helps to ensure that your cart page matches the rest of your branding and provides a seamless buying experience for your customers.
- Bump Offers: One of the most powerful features of ThriveCart is its bump offers. Bump offers are additional products or services that customers can add to their order with just one click, thereby increasing your average order value. With ThriveCart, you can easily create and customize your bump offers to match your business needs.
- Affiliate Management: ThriveCart also offers a feature-rich affiliate management system that allows you to manage your affiliates and track their sales and commissions. You can set up custom commission rates, create promotional materials for your affiliates, and even add multiple tiers to your affiliate program for maximum flexibility.
- One-Click Upsells: ThriveCart makes it easy to create one-click upsell funnels that are designed to convert. You can sell more and create high-converting funnels in just a few minutes, or even add upsell buttons to your own pages for maximum flexibility.
- Embeddable Carts: With ThriveCart, you can easily create modal or embeddable carts that can be added to any site in seconds. This helps to turn your visitors into customers wherever they are and capture more sales.
- Sales Tax Functionality: ThriveCart offers a simple yet powerful sales tax functionality that allows you to calculate sales tax rates based on location and product type. You can also track totals with time-saving reports to use with your business and other tax services.
- Automation: ThriveCart offers intelligent behavior rules that allow you to set your business on autopilot. You can save time by setting rules to automatically follow up with visitors who abandon your cart, modify affiliate commissions based on refund rate, and much more.
- Total Flexibility: ThriveCart provides total flexibility to create any offer your business needs. You can quickly create free trials, split payments, tripwires, flexible subscriptions, recurring sales, discount offers, “pay what you want” pricing, and more.
In summary, ThriveCart provides a wide range of features that can benefit any online business looking to increase their sales and profits. From cart page customization to affiliate management and one-click upsells, ThriveCart has everything you need to take your business to the next level.
Would ThriveCart be a suitable choice for selling digital products?
Absolutely! If you’re in the digital products space and looking for an e-commerce solution that can help you increase revenue and manage your marketing efforts, ThriveCart should definitely be on your radar. With its impressive features and benefits, ThriveCart is one of the best tools for selling digital products.
One of the biggest advantages of ThriveCart is its deep email marketing integration. As a seller of digital products, you know that email marketing is one of the most effective ways to nurture your leads and close sales. With ThriveCart, you can easily connect to popular email marketing providers like Mailchimp, Drip, ConvertKit, and ActiveCampaign, and automate the delivery of your products after purchase.
Another major benefit of using ThriveCart is its powerful affiliate management software. Affiliates help you sell more, and increase your reach to new audiences. ThriveCart’s in-built affiliate management software allows you to manage your affiliate program, track sales, and pay commissions – all within the platform.
Not to mention, ThriveCart also offers high-converting cart pages, one-click upsell funnels, bump offers, trials, subscriptions, courses, and more. These features can help increase your revenue and average order value by presenting irresistible offers to your customers during the checkout process.
Overall, ThriveCart is an excellent choice for selling digital products. It offers a comprehensive set of features and benefits that can help you increase sales, manage your marketing efforts, and scale your business.
Would ThriveCart be a suitable choice for selling physical products?
If you’re looking for a shopping cart to sell physical products, ThriveCart might not be your best option. While it is possible to sell physical products using ThriveCart, it is not what the software was built for, and some limitations may arise.
For example, if you have a large variety of physical products, organizing them on ThriveCart may become tedious. ThriveCart does not offer features such as options for sizes, colors, or variations that are commonly needed when selling physical products. This means that products may need to be listed individually, which can create clutter and confusion on checkout pages.
However, there are a few workarounds that can help make ThriveCart a viable option for selling physical products. For instance, it is possible to make use of third-party services such as WooCommerce, which can display your physical products and link them up to their own ThriveCart checkout pages. This can be useful, especially for businesses that already have an established storefront on WooCommerce.
In conclusion, while ThriveCart may not be the best option for selling physical products, it can still be used to sell them. However, it may require a bit of extra work and a willingness to accept some limitations. Ultimately, it is up to the seller to decide whether or not the features ThriveCart provides are enough for their physical product sales needs.
Would ThriveCart be a suitable choice for selling services?
When it comes to selling services, ThriveCart may not be the first option that comes to mind. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t be a suitable choice. While ThriveCart is primarily built for digital products, it can still be used for selling services as well.
One option is to set up service packages as products in ThriveCart. Although it might not be the most intuitive usage of the platform, it still works. The checkout pages and shopping cart function in the same way whether you’re selling products or services. The key is in how you name and describe the services you’re offering.
Another option is to use ThriveCart’s “pay what you want” checkout pages. This allows clients to input the amount you’ve quoted for your service after they’ve filled their shopping cart. While this may not always be an ideal solution, it’s a creative way to bring flexibility to clients who may have different budgets or expectations.
It’s important to note that the invoicing within ThriveCart is rather basic and may not work in the way service-based businesses typically expect. However, the platform still offers automatic sales tax calculation, recurring billing, one-time fees, and an easy-to-use interface, making it a viable option for selling services.
In conclusion, while ThriveCart may not be the most tailored option for selling services, it can still be a suitable choice with a little bit of creativity and customization.
Comparison of ThriveCart pricing to SamCart, PayKickstart, and SendOwl
Ready to take the plunge and invest in ThriveCart? Before you do, let’s compare it with some other popular shopping carts on the market. In this section, we’ll look at the pricing of ThriveCart versus Samcart, PayKickstart, and SendOwl.
|Shopping Cart||Price||Trial Period||Refund Period|
|ThriveCart Standard||$495||No trial||30 days|
|ThriveCart Pro||$690||No trial||30 days|
|Samcart||$99/month||14 days||45 days|
|Paykickstart||$29/month||14 days||30 days|
As you can see, ThriveCart offers a slightly different model than some of its competitors. With ThriveCart, you’ll need to pay for a lifetime subscription, rather than a monthly fee. This may seem daunting at first, but it actually works out to be a fairly affordable option when compared to other shopping carts. It’s important to note that these prices reflect the lowest tier monthly plan for each cart, so be sure to check out the features and limitations before making your decision.
For me, ThriveCart is by far the most feature-rich option, giving you all the tools you need to boost conversions and increase average order value. Plus, they have an awesome selection of integrations that makes connecting to other apps super easy! So if you’re ready to make the investment, I say go for it – you won’t regret it!
Pros and Cons of using ThriveCart
One of the key factors in deciding whether or not to use ThriveCart for your business is weighing its strengths and weaknesses. Here are the pros and cons to consider:
- User-Friendly Interface: ThriveCart is intuitive and easy to use, even for those who aren’t tech-savvy.
- Flexible Payment Options: The platform offers various payment models, such as subscriptions and trials, allowing businesses to customize their sales approach.
- Granular Coupon and Discount Control: ThriveCart offers business owners complete control over their coupon and discount system, giving them the ability to set rules and limitations.
- One-Click Upsells and Bump Offers: ThriveCart provides the ability to sell more products with one-click upsell and bump offers.
- Robust Affiliate Management: The platform has a well-designed affiliate management system, making it easy for businesses to manage and pay affiliates.
- Deep Integration with Other Apps: ThriveCart has a growing list of integrations with other tools, including popular email marketing platforms and membership sites.
- Limited Customization: ThriveCart has a somewhat limited selection of checkout templates, and some design elements are controversial.
- No Live Chat or Phone Support: While ThriveCart does have a help desk, there is no live chat or phone support available for urgent inquiries.
- Not Ideal for Selling Services: ThriveCart is not tailored specifically for selling services, so businesses that want to sell services may find it limiting.
- Lack of Cryptocurrency Payment Options: ThriveCart does not currently support cryptocurrency payments.
Overall, ThriveCart offers a great set of features with a user-friendly interface. The platform is well-suited for businesses looking to sell digital products, although there are some limitations when it comes to selling physical products or services. The lack of emergency support may also be a concern for some businesses. However, if you’re looking for a high-converting cart page with built-in upsells and affiliate management, ThriveCart is definitely worth considering.
Integration with other tools
ThriveCart prides itself on being able to seamlessly integrate with a variety of tools and services, making it a versatile and customizable platform for your online business needs. Here are some notable integrations:
Payment Gateways: ThriveCart works well with leading payment gateways like Authorize.net, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Stripe.
Email Marketing Services: You can easily integrate ThriveCart with leading email marketing services like Mailchimp, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, GetResponse, and Drip.
Membership Platforms: ThriveCart integrates well with membership platforms like WishList Member, MemberMouse, Teachable, Kajabi, and MemberPress.
Webinar Platforms: Although there are only a few options available under this category, ThriveCart integrates with leading webinar platforms like GoToWebinar, WebinarJam, and Zoom.
Zapier Integration: ThriveCart also integrates with Zapier, which provides an even greater range of integrations with hundreds of other apps.
Overall, the flexibility and extensive integration options make ThriveCart a valuable tool for businesses looking to streamline their online sales and marketing efforts.
Conclusion and Recommendation
After evaluating the benefits, features, and potential drawbacks of ThriveCart, it’s clear that this platform is a great choice for many online businesses. Its flexibility and customization options make it ideal for selling digital products, while its integration with various payment processors and email marketing services make it a top choice for many entrepreneurs.
While it may not be ideal for selling physical products, ThriveCart’s easy-to-use interface and affordable pricing make it a solid option for many service-based businesses as well. Additionally, advanced features like one-click upsells, bump offers, and affiliate management make it a powerful tool for boosting revenue and automating sales.
So, if you’re looking for a user-friendly platform with robust features and integrations, I highly recommend giving ThriveCart a try. With its one-time fee for lifetime access, it’s a cost-effective option that can help you grow and scale your online business for years to come.